Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (GLDD) Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both internationally and domestically. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team at our Charleston, SC location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Site Administrator in their day to day duties including,
- Maintain and update various types of excel and word files
- File incoming equipment paperwork both electronic and hard copies
- Answer phones
- Light office cleaning
- Procurement of local items, equipment and supplies
- Note taking and various office personnel support
- Commitment to work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Complete pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and POET exam as required by project
- Transportation to and from site
- Willing to work 6-10 hour per day, 5-6 days per week
- Willingness to learn
- Microsoft Excel & Word proficiency required
- Willingness to comply with set procedures
- Able to work starting as soon as possible for up to 12 months (temporary work)
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 4% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.