Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation, and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including Federal and State agencies and private owners both international and domestic. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has a large fleet of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
The Yard Laborer position is based in our Morgan City, LA facility in support of Great Lakes domestic operations.
- Work with other team members to ensure tasks are performed in a safe efficient manner
- Assist unloading and loading yard and vessel supplies
- Performs maintenance and work assignments provided by the Yard Manager
- Assist vessel crews, and contract workers with tasks within the yard and dock
- Detects and reports faulty operation of equipment and defective materials and notifies their supervisor
- Assist with inventory counts and management as necessary
- Operate various forklifts throughout the yard once qualified
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Drive a company vehicle to pick up & deliver supplies, must have a valid driver’s license
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen and background check
- Willing to work an 8-10 hour per day shift including weekends if required
- Willingness to learn
- Able to lift and carry 50+ lbs.
- Hold or be able to acquire a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card)
- Work Environment is mainly outside with exposure to heat, cold and rain
- Prior crane rigging experience preferred
- Prior forklift/heavy equipment operation experience preferred
- Prior welding experience a plus
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.