The Beach Security position is responsible for providing security in and around the fill area to keep unauthorized persons away from dredging operations. Such duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
This position is located in Galveston, TX.
- Maintain a sentry post at the entrance to the construction area to keep unauthorized persons from entering the active construction zone.
- Must be capable and possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces (e.g. beach sand).
- Be capable of performing escort duties for bulldozer or wheel loader when equipment is being operated outside the designated construction area and member of the public are present. Task may be performed by walking or by use of Utility Vehicle.
- Be capable of performing pipe security check by walking or driving the shorepipe to identify any security or safety concerns as they relate to the general public.
- Identify areas where the public is not using crossover.
- Identify areas where the shorepipe is leaking and may cause a safety hazard to the public.
- Commitment to work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills to interact with the public
- Must possess a valid states driver’s license
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
- Transportation to and from jobsite.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.