Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (GLDD) Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both internationally and domestically. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
The GLDD purchasing department is responsible for enterprise-wide procurement of materials, services and equipment through field and corporate purchasing channels in achievement of required operational service levels and cost saving initiatives, requiring close coordination and collaboration across multiple divisions, functional departments, and international boundaries. This position reports directly to the Purchasing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position are tactical in nature, including:
- With direction from the Purchasing Manager, manages all aspects of requisition & quote analysis, purchase order creation and maintenance, supplier relationships, contracts, invoice reconciliation.
- Manages mitigation of billing adjustments against purchase orders.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews.
- Liaise with counterparts in other functional areas like operations and maintenance to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with legal compliance and GLDD core values.
- Beginning development of department, supply chain related projects are expected.
- Work is closely managed.
Professional qualifications/requirements for this important position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain / purchasing, or business is required.
- 2-3 years purchasing, sourcing, field construction operations or similar experience required.
- Experience in heavy construction or maritime industries preferred.
- Professional purchasing or supply chain certification preferred.
- Some travel to jobsite/vessel or trade shows may be requested
- Strong computer, phone, verbal and written skills required
- Competitive salary and bonus program.
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants’ 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.