The Contract Manager is responsible for providing general back up and support to the Chief Contract Manager and will work on both contractual and commercial matters, as well as be responsible for all contract and commercial aspects of the project reporting to the Project Sponsor and Contacts Department.
- Drafting and reviewing contract documents and other agreements.
- Full Contract Administration duties on contracts as directed by Chief Contract Manager or Project Sponsors, including reviewing and drafting correspondence and submittals.
- Preparing and/or reviewing of property leases as required.
- Preparing and/or reviewing of Charter Parties/rental agreements as required.
- Assist with liaising with Government departments, Authorities, and other stakeholders as directed by the Chief Contract Manager or Project Sponsors.
- Assist with preparation and review of commercial, statutory and/or contractual documents, insurances and financial instruments.
- Assist with the review of tender documents and preparation of tender submissions as directed by the Chief Contract Manager.
- Responsible for contract correspondence.
- Participate in the preparation of changes, claims and proposals with the Chief Contract Manager and/or Project Sponsors.
- Organize onsite weekly planning and coordination meetings with the project team.
- Develop and publish a project schedule that will be kept current at all times.
- Prepare all pay estimates, contract billings, subcontractor payments and claim documentation.
- Communicate with the Project Sponsor in corporate office to secure and schedule the services of the support departments.
- Maintain an understanding with the requirements of the contract for the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively manage the workload including organizing, prioritizing, meeting deadlines, and responding to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a changing environment.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.