Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation, and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including Federal and State agencies and private owners both international and domestic. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has a large fleet of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
The Crane Operator/Yard Operations support position is based in either our Norfolk, VA yard facility in support of Great Lakes domestic and international operations.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must hold a valid TLL and LBC – CCO certification
- 3 years’ experience as a crane operator
- Maintain DOT physical
- Able to read and utilize crane load charts
- Complete knowledge of crane hand signals
- Working knowledge of rigging required for lifts of all types
- Forklift/heavy equipment operation experience/certification preferred
- Operate crane in a safe and controlled manner
- Preform pre-operation inspections and checklists of crane & equipment
- Work with other team members to ensure tasks are performed in a safe efficient manner with required pre-task planning (Job Safety Analysis)
- Work with Site management to develop critical lift plans when required
- Assist unloading and loading yard and vessel supplies from trucks and vessels
- Performs maintenance and work assignments provided by the Yard Manager
- Assist vessel crews, and contract workers with tasks within the yard and dock
- Detects and reports faulty operation of equipment and defective materials and notifies supervisor
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen and background check
- Willing to work an 8-10 hour per day shift including weekends if required
- Able to lift and carry 31-50 lbs.
- Hold or be able to acquire a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card)
- Work Environment is mainly outside with exposure to heat, cold and rain
- Perform other duties as assigned
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.