A Deckhand secures mooring lines to vessels. He/she performs routine maintenance such as cleaning, chipping, scraping and painting. The use of various industrial power tools and small 3” to 6” discharge pumps is required to perform varied maintenance tasks. He/she assists in deck and equipment repairs. The Deckhand also assists in handling, hooking up and securing dredge anchors. He/she assists in monitoring the condition of wire cables, winches, pulleys, blocks, pipeline and mooring fixtures. He/she participates in changing and greasing cables and sheaves when required; clears obstructions from the cutterhead and dredge pump; and uses acetylene torch to clear debris from a cutterhead. The Deckhand performs maintenance on pontoon line such as greasing ball joint connections, and assists welders as required. May lift, carry, pull or push, miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts weighing up to 75 lbs.
This position is located in Corpus Christi, TX and will last approximately 2-3 months.
- Commitment to work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Minimum 1 year Deckhand Experience required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Dredging Experience Preferred
- Rigging Certification Preferred
- To perform specialized work aboard the Dredge and attendant plant.
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
- Transportation to and from jobsite.
- TWIC card required.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.