Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (GLDD) Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both internationally and domestically. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
Education & Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills – MS Office email, word processing, spreadsheet (a plus)
- Ability to navigate and update a computer based maintenance management program (NS5 – Enterprise)
Computer tasks include:
- Write work orders, service requisitions, maintain /adjust inventory records, record findings
- Work independently / may advance to directing / supervising a small 1-2 man team in completing electrical systems maintenance and troubleshooting
General Technical Skills – by system
Mechanical: Capable of working on electrically driven or controlled mechanical machinery (engines, pumps, winches, fans, blowers)
Electrical: Capable of inspecting troubleshooting , maintaining AC and DC motors generators , starters, controls, power distribution systems and transformers
Read electrical schematics
Basic PLC system inspection and troubleshooting (programming a plus)
Calibrate and repair electrical instrumentation and automation
Safety: Recognizes the hazards of working with the above systems to include locking out and tagging out stored energy systems.
Job Specific Tasks
- Perform work assignments in accordance with maintenance schedule
- Perform lock out and tagout procedures on systems with stored energy
- Inspect troubleshoot and maintain DC and AC motors, change brushes / lubricate bearings, check connections, switchgear
- Inspect and troubleshoot SCR and variable frequency drives
- Meg electric motors, generators
- Read / understand and use PLC logic diagrams, electrical prints
- Use multi-meter and its functions / oscilloscope and functions
- Check and change the rotation on a 3 phase motors and generators
- Safely use various power tools / alignment tools
In order to be considered, your resume must be included with your application.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.