Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company (GLDD), located in the western suburbs of Chicago, is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation, and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only US dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the US, GLDD serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local, and foreign governments; and private companies both international and domestic.
This position is based from the corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, IL and will assist our Human Resources and Marketing Departments. Duration of this internship is approximately 2-3 months. Work hours are Monday – Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
- Review and analyze outside sources including public filings and summaries to discover key compensation and human resources practices from our other companies in similar industries
- Support the Set up compensation bands for key roles at GLDD
- Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance
- Review and recommend key metrics for our corporate Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance Plan
- Social Media
- Review our current social media presence and provide recommendation on how to improve our current state
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing a BS degree in Human Resources or similar field
- Basic knowledge of HR practices and labor laws
- High level of attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to operate independently in a fast paced high volume environment
After 30 days of employment, you are eligible to enroll in the following benefit programs:
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 4% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.