A Leverman assigned to work on a Hydraulic Suction Dredge will man the cutterhead swing and spud controls located in the Leverroom. He/she is responsible for the vessel’s operation in the absence of the Dredge Captain and Chief Engineer. Concentration, coordination and focus is essential. He/she will manipulate various controls, levers, switches and buttons to activate the cutterhead, spuds and various winches to remove sand, clay, rock and other materials from beneath a body of water. This material will be pumped through a pipeline as a slurry to a designated area. He/she is the nerve center of the vessel and will set the pace for the dredging operation by carefully following charts and dredging layout plans, and accessing computers and GPS instruments while monitoring the entire dredging process. He/she will meet with the Dredge Captain and occasionally Engineers to discuss the job in progress. He/she will make log book entries of the day’s activities. May lift, carry, pull or push, miscellaneous equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 lbs.
This position is located in the Gulf Coast.
- Commitment to work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to operate the dredging controls and equipment of a Hydraulic dredge. Has the ability to learn and use the procedures on a vessel such as firefighting, first aid, the use of life saving equipment, Radio communications between vessel traffic, and navigational safety.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English Language.
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
- Transportation to and from jobsite.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.