Reports to: Fleet Technical Manager, Hydraulic & Mechanical Operations
Location: Nationwide; Significant travel required for this position – negotiable
The Maintenance Manager provides overall management of the maintenance and repair of his assigned vessels, maintaining the fleet in a safe, reliable, cost effective manner. This position requires a high level of collaboration across the company’s engineering, operations and purchasing departments and the initiative to solve technical and administrative challenges. Technical competencies as well as effective communication, coordination and personnel interface skills are essential to success in this position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a leader. Promote an Incident free Safety& Reliability culture in all facets of operations and maintenance.
- Lead and coach the respective vessel engineering teams in the implementation of standard Reliability system programs.
- Establish and monitor annual capital and maintenance spending budgets.
- Work with vessel teams toward continuous improvement of vessel upkeep and performance.
- Maintain “fleet-level” spare parts inventory.
- Coordinate third party repairs and off vessel repairs and maintenance
- Attend vessel repair periods and provide technical assistance to the Dry-dock team manager
- Assist in writing specs and settling invoices for third party and yard repairs.
Ideal candidates will
- Enjoy working in a fast paced changing marine construction equipment environment for the leading dredging contractor in the US.
- Demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving skills and possess excellent mechanical aptitude in electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Read and understand mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic drawings and schematics.
- Independently manage repairs and modifications on multiple systems and equipment.
- Excellent communications and organizing skills – in a fast paced multi-task work environment
- Work easily on a PC based Maintenance management software system as well as in Outlook, MS Office suite
- Maritime BS Degree or higher
- Five or more years of relevant work experience
- Past or current USCG Licensure in Engineering Department
- Competitive salary and bonus program.
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants’ 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.