The master of a Tugboat has the overriding responsibility for the safe operations of the vessel and crew. He is by the company given all necessary support and authority to perform his duties properly and in a safe manner.
This position is located in Gulf Coast.
- Commitment to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must possess U.S. Coast Guard license, or flag state equivalent, for the specific vessel, as Master of Towing Vessels.
- There is a requirement for knowledge of dredging operations.
- Must possess the ability to understand the principles of operation of vessel and related mechanical systems. Must be able to operate the maintenance management system and to develop knowledge of regulations required for proper administration and procurement of supplies.
- In addition to the appropriate nautical rules of the road, the most fully utilized license functional areas are piloting, seamanship including ship handling, and tides and currents.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.