The Estimating Assistant will be responsible for assisting the estimating department across various fields. This would include maintaining our competitor database. Assisting in project setups into our reporting system. Providing management with production reports, vessel locations, and field personnel reports. This position is located in Oak Brook, IL
- Responsible for obtaining competitor records through Freedom of Information Act
- Communicating with Freedom of Information Act Officers from the Army Corps of Engineers offices
- Data entry of competitor production reports, quality control reports, payment estimates once received.
- Maintaining and updating our internal Dredge Utilization Schedule.
- Running production reports on a weekly basis for Management meetings
- Updating and tracking of equipment vessels for all working and idle equipment
- Updating and tracking of field personnel.
- Setting up project estimates into our internal reporting system
- Working with various levels of operations/estimating personnel to assist in the estimating process
- MS Office skills required. MS Word and Excel.
- Strong math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.