An Oiler oils and greases marine equipment such as diesel engines, pumps, shafts and bearings. He/she may operate marine diesel engines and other machinery and relieve the engineer on main engine and generator watch in the engineers control booth. The Oiler will assist in making engine room repairs, and will inspect levels in fuel, water, oil and slop oil tanks. May lift, carry, pull or push miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts weighing up to 75 lbs.
This position is located the Corpus Christi, TX
- Commitment to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Minimum 1 year Engine Room experience required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Dredging Experience Preferred
- Rigging Certification Preferred
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen
- Transportation to and from jobsite
- TWIC card is required
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.