Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the United States, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers, state, local and foreign governments, and private companies both international and domestic.
Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of ocean going and inland dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and internationally. Information on our fleet and projects can be found on our website at www.GLDD.com.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER to join our team.
The Project Manager will have overall on-site responsibility and authority for his or her project and will have managerial oversight of the project team. The Project Manager will be responsible for all safety, operational, productivity, and commercial aspects of the project and will be the primary contact with the Client.
The successful candidate will have a college level degree in engineering, construction management, or other related engineering field, proven project leadership expertise, and will have least 8 years relevant experience including dredging and/or marine construction.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Lead, promote, and prioritize transformative safety and GLDD’s Incident and Injury Free culture at all levels on site. Make safety your leadership priority and lead by example.
- Be the lead manager on site and assume overall responsibility and authority for the project. Ensure that the project is managed and executed in compliance with the contract, specifications, regulations and permits, and all Company policies, procedures, and directives.
- Be responsible for all commercial and operational aspects of the project in compliance with Company contract management and operations procedures.
- Be responsible for project performance, production, safety, and efficiency utilizing site, department, and staff resources.
- Be the prime and effective contact liaison with the Client. Strive to fairly and effectively meet or exceed the Client’s goals and objectives.
- Be 100% familiar with the contract, plans, and specifications (including applicable regulations and permits) and ensure contract and regulatory compliance in operations, administration, and commercial management.
- Be responsible for timely, comprehensive, and effective contract correspondence and documentation in compliance with GLDD contract management procedures.
- Effectively manage all subcontracts and project expenses in compliance with GLDD subcontracting and purchasing policies.
- Actively participate in preparation of changes, proposals, and claims. Ensure timely notice and documentation of all events and facts of claims and disputes.
- Maintain an accurate and timely working estimate to completion and ensure accurate reporting against the current estimate.
- Ensure timely payment from the client.
- Implement and ensure GLDD’s Contractor Quality Control System for the project.
- Mentor the project staff and appropriately delegate actions and responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain a site business culture that promotes and ensures compliance with the Company’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct. Enforce the code and lead by example.
This position is rotation based on GLDD project sites. Meal allowance, lodging, and transportation are provided by the Company.
GLDD provides a competitive salary and bonus program, 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting; annual profit-sharing contributions by the Company to participants’ 401(k) accounts (based on Company’s annual performance); continuing education; and Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life, and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.