Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the US, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both international and domestic. We are currently seeking candidates for the full-time position of Receptionist. This position is located in Oak Brook, IL. Scheduled hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
The Receptionist carries out administrative tasks and provides support for the corporate office. Responds to telephone calls and welcomes visitors and guests to the office and promotes a positive, professional image. The right candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and represent our company in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Answers the telephone and directs calls to appropriate party, minimizing hold time
- Greets visitors in a professional and pleasant manner
- Updates & distribute office phone lists
- Modify and update weekly schedule for key employees
- Keep the visitor log up to date, checking in and out of visitors
- Maintains security by following procedures; keep the visitor log up to date including checking in and out visitors, monitoring visitor log, issuing visitor badges and maintaining building key card access
- Answer visitor inquiries about the company
- Create reception coverage calendars
- Coordinate and schedule onsite meetings as needed
- Provides support to other departments by maintaining files, preparing mailings and other office tasks as requested
- Provide administrative support for members of the executive team
- Primary back-up for the Mailroom
- May be called upon to lead certain office projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- Proven working experience as a Receptionist, Office Coordinator or other administrative position
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with employees at all levels of the organization as well as members of the Board of Directors and customers
- Must be able to multi-task
- Good computer skills necessary
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and direction in a dynamic work environment
- Commitment to work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.