Site Engineer – Nationwide
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation, and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including Federal and State agencies and private owners both international and domestic. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has a large fleet of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world. Our Site Engineering position is an entry-level position on our project management teams. Since we are a field-oriented company, travel is extensive. A Site Engineer works a 2 week on/1 week off rotation. The company provides housing, transportation, and a meal per diem while on site. Airfare transportation for your time-off (to and from your home base) is company provided.
Site Engineers are exposed to multiple facets of our dredging projects with responsibilities for hydrographic surveying, dredge, production reporting, safety, and quality control. The experience our engineers gain in this entry-level position will provide training and experience to advance into a variety of potential career tracks within Great Lakes Dredge & Dock, including Project Management, Production Engineering, Estimating, and Mechanical Engineering. Our Engineering staff is part of a greater team whose goals are to safely and efficiently manage our dredging and reclamation efforts. Site Engineering duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring a safe work environment in all operations and tasks
- Organizing and conducting hydrographic surveys and engineering activities at our sites
- Dredge production monitoring, analysis, and reporting
- Maintaining dredge instrumentation and automation
- Producing dredge quantity reports
- Quality assurance and control
- General support of our operations and fellow team members
We are interested in receiving resumes from graduates or graduating seniors in the Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Construction Management, Geomatics, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, and Mechanical Engineering curriculums. We are also interested in receiving resumes from all Engineering graduates with construction or survey related work experience.
- Competitive salary with annual performance and salary reviews.
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting. Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants’ 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.