Both positions are unlicensed.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (GLDD) Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both internationally and domestically. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
Education & Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills – MS Office email, word processing, spreadsheet (a plus)
- Ability to navigate and update a computer based maintenance management records program (NS5 – Enterprise)
Computer tasks include:
- Write work orders, service requisitions, maintain /adjust inventory records, record findings
- (Lead Engineer )capable of directing / supervising a small 1-2 man team in completing maintenance and engine room watch standing duties
General Technical Skills – by system
Mechanical: Basic understanding of diesel engine operation , maintenance and operator level trouble shooting. Same for rotating equipment to include bearings, pumps, clutches and gearboxes.
Electrical: Capable of maintaining, installing, removing a 3 phase electric motor. Motor controller / starter.
Hydraulic: Operate and maintain hydraulic pumps, motors, controls, circuits and cylinders
Pneumatic: Compressor controls, circuits, air receivers
Safety: Recognizes the hazards of working with the above systems to include locking out and tagging out stored energy systems.
Job Specific Tasks
- Monitor gauges for temperature, pressure, rpm, fluid levels and record findings
- Provide work assignments to crew in accordance with maintenance schedule
- Perform lock out and tagout procedures on systems with stored energy
- Install and remove DC electric motors – nice to have
- Meg and trouble shoot electric motors
- Start and place a generator on line
- Starting a diesel engine
- Use multi-meter and its functions
- Check and change the rotation on a 3 phase motor
- Safely too use torque wrench / impact wrench / pneumatic tools / various power tools / alignment tools
- Basic rigging for installations and removals of heavy equipment
- Operate service water and oil supply pump circuits – placing on and off line
- Operate clean and maintain air ,water and oil systems
In order to be considered, your resume must be included with your application.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.