A Yard Welder performs welding, brazing and metal cutting tasks on pipeline, pipeline fittings, and cuts and fits materials for welding, and is responsible for maintaining welding machinery and equipment. Inspects and maintains welding tools and welding support equipment. When not busy with welding projects, he/she will also perform and assist in routine maintenance such as cleaning, chipping, scrapping, painting, assist with equipment repairs and other activities as directed by the Maintenance Manager/Yard Foreman. The Yard Welder may be called upon to repair, service and maintain hydraulic dredging equipment and utilize various hand and power tools when drilling, cutting, or burning various materials in the course of fabricating work pieces. A Yard Welder will encounter various situations where he/she may be required to crawl under, around, over and through spaces to weld certain structures or repair equipment. Therefore must be agile and able to work in confined areas to effectively perform the work tasks required of a Yard Welder. May occasionally lift work pieces and fabricated items weighing between 51 to 75 lbs. and occasionally carry items weighing 31 to 50 lbs.
- 3-5 year’s experience welding
- 2 year’s experience working with hand tools
- Welding certification preferred
- Physical agility to perform duties described above
- Able to work in confined areas
- Commitment to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen
- Transportation to and from jobsite
- Willing to work 12 hour day shift, 6 days a week
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable working on and around water
- Able to lift and carry 51-75 lbs.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.